Dealing With the Complexities of a Motorcycle Accident by Hiring the Services of a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Roadways worldwide are prone to accidents cases. While automobile drivers and any other kind of motorists are a little less prone to accident cases, motorcyclists are certainly more exposed to the risks involved while riding with freedom on their bikes and scooters. These events of motorcycle accidents have been rising over the years with the number of motorcycle accident cases piling up. There have been instances of grave injuries and bruises to the people involved in such accidents. This calls upon having a basic understanding of the legalities and remedies in case one is involved in traffic accident cases.
Understanding Why Legal Rights and Remedies are Important in a Motorcycle Traffic Accident Case
Motorcyclists are more vulnerable to the dangers to road and traffic accidents due to several reasons such as lack of a strong protective shield between the road and the motorcycle, the occasional inability of a motorcyclist to spot and anticipate another motorcycle.
Moreover, there are strong statistics that highlight the fact that motorcyclists are always on the edge of danger.
The chances of dying in a motorcycle accident are 26 times more than in any other automobile. And while the fatalities are gradually decreasing for passenger cars and other automobile vehicles, the instances of fatalities have been on the rise.
Plus, in most of the motorcycle accident cases, the accident is the result of the fault of other motorcycle’s rider. Statistics reveal that in about two-thirds of motorcycle accident events that involve another motorcycle or vehicle, the accident is the resultant of the other vehicle’s driver’s negligence in following the road safety rules and overlooking the motorcycle’s right of way.
Thus, with the risks involved, it becomes extremely important for the motorcyclists to understand the need for knowing and protecting the rights of recovery following an accident.
How to Determine the Legal Responsibility for a Motorcycle Accident
As mentioned above, the majority of motorcycle accident cases involving another vehicle is accounted for the fault of the other vehicle’s rider. The other vehicle’s rider may be lacking basic riding skills due to his/ her inexperience or unfamiliarity or the accident may happen due to any other reason such as obscurement at intersections or a road hazard like potholes, debris, etc., or due to any kind of negligence. In such cases of motor vehicle accidents, the motorcycle accident claims are mostly governed by the legalities of negligence. If the rider is partially responsible for the accident, there are thin chances of recovering damages under the stated negligence rules. In case of comparative negligence, the calculation of amount for damages is dependent on each party’s fault.
Defects in the design or manufacturing of the motorcycle can also be the cause of the accident.
Deviation from the planned design while assembling the motorcycle which made the motor vehicle dangerous is a manufacturing defect. While on the other hand, a design defect is an instance wherein the company designed the vehicle in a way that it could possibly result in an injury or accident.
The manufactures of the motorcycle can be held responsible for such events of accidents.
For example, the shaking of the front part of the motorbike may shake at higher speeds is due to the front and rear tyres of a motorcycle being misaligned. Events of accidents in such cases hold the manufacturer responsible for the mishappening under the product liability terms.
What to Do in Case if You Are Involved in a Motorcycle Accident
The first and foremost thing should be seeking medical treatment in case of any wounds or injuries.
If the fault is of some other motorcycle rider that caused the accident, it is important to recover the damages due to the accident.
However, the legal terms and conditions for claiming the accident due to the other rider’s mistake can prove to be a tough task.
Hiring the Services of a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The legalities around the motorcycle case are twisted and complicated, with common people lacking knowledge of what one should do to claim the losses for the accident. The services of a motorcycle accident lawyer can prove to be beneficial in the following ways:
- The best motorcycle accident lawyer has the perfect knowledge to examine the cause of the accident, the person responsible for the accident and to take into consideration all the possible factors that led to the accident.
- The attorneys for motorcycle accidents also help identify who should pay for your injury or damages or losses – the insurance company or the manufacturer or the other rider at fault.
- The lawyer will also brief about the sum of money that can be expected for the accident due to someone else’s fault.
- Moreover, claiming compensation from any other person at fault can be frustrating. Motorcycle accident attorneys, thus, help in settling the case with you getting the compensation for your losses.
For what Can You Get Compensation in a Motorcycle Accident Case?
- Lost wages or income
- Personal injury and medical bills
- Suffering and Pain
- Damage to the property
- Other out-of-box expenses
Research for the Best Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Several lawyers are there to claim your compensation. However, finding the lawyer that handles your accident case well and the one you can be confident about calls for some ground research.
Here are a few tips to look for while researching about the best motorcycle accident lawyer:
- Finding local lawyers – Hiring the services of a local lawyer who has the best knowledge of local laws and regulations can use their ability to their best for settling your case.
- Having a chat with family and friends – Family and friends can help you look for an ideal lawyer for your case through their experience or through someone from whom they have heard about helps to get more insights of whom to hire for your case.
- Having a look at the reviews of other people – Reviews help you to learn about the past experiences of the other people stuck in a similar situation and how the attorney helped them to get the case settled.
Thus, hiring the services of the best motorcycle accident lawyer can help you to get a legal consultation for your case, protect you from the hassles and complications involved in the accident case and wins the amount for damages through a settlement or judgement.